The Allurette Washer is a self-contained bag designed to hand-wash delicate garments whether you’re at home or on the go.
Allurette Washer Review:
Price and Where to Buy: The Allurette Washer sells for $49.95 on Allurette.com.
How the Allurette Washer Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. Especially if you’re trying to travel with only a carry-on, doing laundry during a trip is a great way to save yourself some suitcase space. Instead of packing multiple bras or sets of workout clothes, you can use the Allurette Washer to clean these pieces as needed, right in your hotel room. Just put your clothes in the bag, add a little detergent, fill with water to the designated line, and gently rub the clothes from the outside for a few minutes. Then rinse a couple of times and let your garments dry. Note that the washer works best when you only wash one or two items at once; fill it up too much, and it’s less efficient at getting your garments clean.
- Value: 6/10. There are cheaper alternatives to the Allurette Washer, like using a gallon-size, zip-top plastic bag or simply washing your clothes by hand in the sink. But the Allurette Washer is a step up from those options and might be worth the investment if you wash delicates often.
- Portability: 10/10. It folds up flat and weighs less than four ounces, so it won’t take much space in your suitcase.
- Durability: 7/10. While the waterproof fabric is reasonably sturdy, you’ll want to avoid packing the Allurette Washer near anything sharp that could poke a hole in the bag. The company also notes on its website that you should avoid using detergents with bleach or other harsh chemicals, which could “reduce the Allurette’s longevity” (not to mention damage your delicate clothes).
- Cool Factor: 8/10. Tools that let you pack lighter are always cool.
Final Verdict: If you have a lot of hand-wash-only garments and you’re skeeved out by the idea of using a hotel sink, the Allurette Washer offers an easy way to do a little laundry during your vacation.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Product Review: The Scrubba Wash Bag
- The Carry-On Challenge: How to Pack Light Every Time
- 11 Performance Wear Outfits You’ll Actually Want to Wear While Traveling
Follow Sarah Schlichter on Twitter @TravelEditor for more travel tips and inspiration.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Peru: 6-Night Lima & Cusco Tour,...
The Caribbean: Luxe, All-Inclusive Sandals Resorts...
Avoya Travelhotel $489+
Ecuador: 4-Night Quito & Galapagos Cruise...