Price and Where to Buy: The 24-Can Titan Deep Freeze Backpack Cooler is $42 on Amazon.
How the Arctic Zone Titan Backpack Cooler Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. The Titan Backpack Cooler is marketed as a way to carry up to 24 cans plus ice. But for travelers, it has another, better use. It’s low-profile enough that it can pass as a backpack, but it keeps things cool for an impressively long time (it can keep ice cold for up to two days). So for trips that include a lot of picnics, beach time, or snacks on the go, this cooler could just be your go-to daypack. It has two zippered exterior pockets, two water bottle pockets, and webbing for tucking in extras, plus a padded back and backpack straps. It’s also waterproof and antimicrobial. It is comfortable to wear and pretty much just looks like a backpack from the outside (once you zip it open, you can see the insulated lining).
- Value: 9/10 The price is competitive with other coolers, and it offers the additional benefit of not really looking like a cooler, so it could be used as a backpack as well.
- Durability: 9/10. The backpack is leakproof and easy to clean. It has antimicrobial technology that inhibits the growth of bacteria in the lining of the cooler. And it’s PVC free.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. This cooler looks good, is comfortable to carry, and keeps items nice and cool—just what you want in a summer travel buddy.
Final Verdict: If you’re willing to think out of the box and use a cooler as your travel day pack, you’ll keep picnic items, drinks, and snacks at the perfect temperature for long periods and can turn any stop into a picnic.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The Ultimate Cruise Packing List
- The Best National Parks in the U.S., As Recommended By Rangers
- 7 Shoes That Are Good for Your Feet, According to Doctors
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us to test free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.