Caribbean-bound travelers choose the tiny island Aruba for more than just its idyllic beaches. This tiny Dutch territory off the coast of Venezuela packs plenty of adventure and style, from National Park and cave adventures to high-end eateries and colorful street art. The best places in Aruba aren’t what you might think.
Get off the beaten path in Aruba with these hotels, hikes, restaurants, and more.
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino for a private island with flamingos.
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa for Eagle Beach-front yoga.
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort for adult-only digs and white-sand dining.
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa and Casino for Palm Beach waves and restaurants.
- Zeerover for casual waterfront seafood and cold beer.
- Wilhelmina for romantic world and local cuisine.
- Craft for breakfast bowls and coffee, or craft beer.
- Papiamento for Dutch-inspired fare and a historic setting.
- Public beaches like famed Baby Beach and Eagle Beach
- Oranjestad‘s colorful shops and port
- San Miguel street art and galleries
- Boca Prins lookout point
- Hike Arikok National Park and explore its caves
- Sail and snorkel for a day with Tranquilo Tours
- Witness Aruba’s Carnival celebrations
- Shop Dutch & Caribbean goods at grocery stores
More from SmarterTravel:
- Best Things to Do in Aruba
- 7 Caribbean Resorts That Should Be on Your Bucket List
- Aruba Passport Requirements: Do I Need a Passport to Go to Aruba?
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.