Traffic, a street-facing hotel room, a snoring roommate, or unfamiliar sounds: these things can all prevent you from having a good night’s sleep while traveling (or at home). Bose’s noise-masking sleepbuds fix this problem, helping you sleep better.
The sleepbuds are totally wireless and designed to be comfortable no matter what position you sleep in. The sleepbuds play preloaded sounds (including ones for white noise or ones for relaxation) that have been engineered by Bose to mask unwanted noise and help lull you to sleep.
The sleepbuds come with three sizes of StayHear+ Sleep tips–these are pliable, cushiony tips that conform to your ear and keep the sleepbuds in place. I’ve found earplugs to be uncomfortable for sleeping in the past, but I don’t even notice the sleepbuds in my ear at all, and though I have small ears, the sleepbuds stay in all night without shifting.
These are very easy to use as well–you simply install the Bose app and pair the sleepbuds with your smartphone via Bluetooth. From the app, you can adjust the volume level on the sleepbuds, set an alarm, and choose which sound to stream.
Bose Noise-Masking Sleepbuds Review
How the Bose Noise-Masking Sleepbuds Rate:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Use these in a hotel room, in a hostel, on a plane, or at home–the sleepbuds will help you fall asleep and stay asleep. They also have the ability to play an alarm, so you can wake up early without bothering your partner.
- Value: 8/10. The sleepbuds are undeniably expensive, but they actually work. If you have problems sleeping, you know that a good night of rest is invaluable.
- Durability: 10/10. The sleepbuds are well made and very durable.
Portability: 10/10. Bose’s sleepbuds come with a sleek case that’s great for travel. The case charges the sleepbuds wirelessly for one full charge before you need to plug the case back in again. A full charge will last for up to 16 hours.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. The sleepbuds look like wireless earphones, so they look cooler than wearing earplugs.
Final Verdict: I’m a light sleeper, and even with earplugs in, I am constantly being woken up by general city noise, traffic, or hotel hallway noise. I’m amazed at how well the Bose noise-masking sleepbuds tune all of that out. While wearing them, I consistently fall asleep faster and sleep longer, waking up noticeably more refreshed. If you struggle with insomnia, I can’t recommend these enough.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 33 Ways to Sleep Better at a Hotel
- 9 Ways to Sleep Better on Overnight Flights
- 9 Travel Gadgets to Help You Sleep Away from Home
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline to see what she wears around the world.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.