Beginning this month, Brussels Airlines is running nonstop flights between Brussels and New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. Daily flights operate on A330s, with economy- and business-class options.
These aren’t the only nonstops on the route; both American and Delta also fly nonstop from New York to Brussels.
At this point, Brussels does not seem to be pushing any special introductory fares. Instead, it’s following a “go with the flow” pricing strategy. For a test date in mid-October:
- Brussels quotes a fare of $949 round-trip, exactly matched by competitive nonstops on American and Delta. United also posts the same Brussels flight as a United codeshare, again at the same price.
- As is becoming the norm, you can cut the cost of a transatlantic trip by accepting a stop. One-stop flights from New York to Brussels are available for $781 round-trip on TAP Portugal, with a Lisbon connection, and $846 round-trip on Aer Lingus with a connection in Ireland.
Brussels Airlines gushes about its new lie-flat business-class seats and deluxe cabin service. Its economy product seems to be a bit above average, too, with eight-across (standard) seating on an A330 and 33-inch (better than standard) seat pitch. In-flight entertainment—today’s most active competitive battleground—is state of the art.
Brussels is a member of the Star Alliance, which features through-ticketing options from lots of North American cities on Air Canada, United, and US Airways to a long list of European and Asian destinations. Again, following a general trend, with a top-of-the-line business class, Brussels does not offer first class. Perhaps a bit more surprisingly, and unlike many of its partner lines, it also offers neither a premium-economy nor a semi-premium extra-legroom option.
All in all, Brussels Airlines looks like a good—although not overpowering—choice for flying nonstop between New York and Brussels. But look elsewhere if you prefer a semi-premium option.
You Might Also Like:
- OP-ED: It’s My Right to Recline My Seat
- Starwood Elites Get Through Airport Security Faster
- Airline Lets Travelers Bid for Upgrades
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Shop and Save with Country Inns...
Patricia MagañaHotel & Lodging Deals
$229 -- Chicago: Discounted Rates and...
Francesca MieleHotel & Lodging Deals $229+