Quick word-association quiz: When I say “New York City vacation,” is the first word that comes to your mind “expensive?”
It usually is for me, which is why I wanted to point out a cluster of discounts on New York City hotels and attractions. These are the sorts of offers that can save you hundreds on a New York City getaway.
- The Roosevelt Hotel’s New York, I Love You package includes two nights’ accommodations, a five-borough eating tour, a tour of Central Park, and a t-shirt. The package starts at $209 per person and is available through April 30. This deal is a good one for two reasons: first, the hotel’s location is very central, and a quick comparison showed that the per-night rate is lower than comparable hotels in the same area. On top of the good rate, you’re getting the two city tours.
- Nycgo.com has two deals valid at participating hotels around the city. The first is a third-night-free offer on hotel stays through February 27. The offer is good at nine hotels including the Loews Regency Hotel, The Plaza Hotel, and Jumeirah Essex House. The other deal is for a 20 or 25 percent discount on Sunday nights at any of 45 participating hotels. The expiration date of the offer varies by hotel.
Discounts on Dining and Things to Do
- Restaurant Week: New York City’s annual Winter Restaurant Week has been extended through February 27. Prices for a three-course prix-fixe meal at any of more than 150 participating restaurants are $24.07 for lunch and $35 for dinner.
- Two-For-One Off-Broadway Theater Tickets: The “On The House” promotion runs from February 15 through March 1 and offers two-for-one tickets at more than 30 Off-Broadway shows. Along with the discounted tickets, you’ll also receive a free soda at a participating nearby restaurant.
- More Attractions Discounts: You can find more discounts on attractions, tours, food, and hotel stays on the nycgo.com website in the Deal*O*Matic section.
Do you know of more discounts or have other ideas of ways to save in New York City? Share them with other readers in the comments section below!
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.