Rapid Rewards members normally earn 600 points for qualifying car rentals. That’s 600 points no matter how long the rental, or how much the rental costs—not a very compelling proposition, especially for longer rentals.
Through January 31, 2017, Rapid Rewards members can earn up to quadruple points for car rentals, as follows:
- Alamo – 1,200 points for two- or three-day rentals; 1,800 points for four to six days; 2,400 points for seven or more days
- Avis – 1,200 points for three- to six-day rentals; 2,400 points for seven or more days
- Dollar – 1,200 points for all qualifying rentals
- Hertz – 1,200 points for three- to six-day rentals; 2,400 points for seven or more days
- Payless – 1,200 points for all qualifying rentals
- Thrifty – 1,200 points for all qualifying rentals
Deal or No Deal
More points always trump the alternative. If you’re a Rapid Rewards member with plans to rent a car during the promotion period, be sure to register to earn bonus points with one of the participating providers.
More from SmarterTravel:
- United Chases Big Spenders with New Business Class
- Bernie Sanders Compares Disneyland to Wal-Mart
- Is the TSA’s PreCheck Overpriced and Overcomplicated?
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.