I can never claim to be a princess: I was able to sleep soundly on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, with no complaints of pea-sized lumps, low-thread-count sheets, or unfashionable linens. But the cruise line did find its beds lacking in the comfort and style departments and has now pledged itself to an “extreme makeover” of the line’s bedding program.
Beginning with the Freedom of the Seas, Royal Caribbean will introduce the following new sleep products:
- New bed frames designed to prevent sagging
- Special pillow-top mattress pads that fold out to accommodate two twin beds pushed together and eliminate the gap in the middle
- 220-thread-count cotton-blend sheets
- Micro-fiber pillows and decorative pillows
- Duvets, bed skirts, and bed scarves to protect the duvets
All of Royal Caribbean’s ships should have updated beds by May 2007, so within about a year, even the pickiest of royal princesses should get a good night’s sleep onboard.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.