The Fairmont Grand Del Mar lives up to its name—the hotel is the epitome of grandeur, with sprawling grounds, a stately Spanish-style design, and a gold and marble infused interior.
The 400-acre resort, set amidst a coastal canyon, feels a world away from bustling San Diego, yet offers easy city and beach access (assuming you can bring yourself to leave this peaceful hideaway.)
Fairmont Grand Del Mar Location: Del Mar, California
Tucked away in the quaint seaside town of Del Mar, the Fairmont Grand Del Mar is a destination all on its own. Located just over 20 miles north of San Diego, the hotel is easy to get to from San Diego International Airport.
The Fairmont Grand Del Mar’s location is perfectly situated for outdoor adventures, with the oceanfront Torrey Pines State Reserve just five miles away. On property, there are three hiking trails for guests to explore, along with a wider network of trails in the neighboring Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar: Amenities
The Fairmont Grand Del Mar is a destination resort, with tons of amenities for guests to explore.
Top hotel amenities include:
- Tom Fazio-designed golf course
- Forbes five-star spa
- Four heated outdoor pools (including a children’s pool and an adults-only relaxation pool)
- Fire pits
- Fitness center
- Self-guided hiking trails
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Equestrian center
- Skating rink in the winter
Fairmont Grand Del Mar: Rooms
The Fairmont Grand Del Mar has 249 guest rooms and suites. All rooms include marble bathrooms with deep soaking tubs, Le Labo toiletries, private patios or balconies, plush robes, and the famous Fairmont bed—a luxurious sleeping experience that’s so popular with guests, the company sells the entire bed (right down to the sheets) online so it can be recreated at home.
Guest rooms are available in three categories: Fairmont Rooms, Deluxe Veranda Rooms, and Signature Poolside Rooms.
- Fairmont Rooms: These are the most basic rooms, but are still a spacious 500 square feet size.
- Deluxe Veranda Rooms: Feature a large balcony and views of the resort grounds or relaxation pool.
- Signature Poolside Rooms: These rooms are perfect for adults looking for solitude and relaxation. A private terrace offers walk-out access to the relaxation pool.
For families, groups, or couples looking for more space, the Fairmont Grand Del Mar offers large, well-appointed suites.
- Prado Suite: The smallest suite is 1,000 square feet and features one king-bed and a pullout couch.
- Toscana Suite: This suite’s standout features are a fireplace, kitchenette, and expanded balcony.
- Palazzo Suite: Family-friendly suites with one, two, or three bedrooms along with an eight-person dining table and two extra-large terraces or balconies.
- Manchester Presidential Suite: This largest available suite offers a living room, study, balcony, butler’s pantry, dual master bathrooms, and two king beds spread across 2,840 square feet.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar: Dining
There are five dining options available, from the ultra-casual grab-and-go Cent Anni Café to the two-star Michelin restaurant Addison.
Dining options include:
- The outdoor Del Mar Social Club, which draws in guests and locals year-round for food, drinks, and lawn games. Cabanas and fire pits can be reserved for free here (with purchase of food/beverage).
- Amaya at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, a bistro with a popular terrace that is open for breakfast, weekend brunch, and dinner.
- The Clubhouse Grill, a casual spot overlooking the golf course that serves up lunch to hungry players.
- Addison, a fine dining establishment open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday.
- Cent Anni Café, a gourmet coffee shop.
Price & How to Book
Rooms at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar start at around $750 and can be booked online at SmarterTravel Hotels.
How Can You Play at the Grand Golf Club?
Special rates are available for guests of the Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Limited private memberships are also available for the Grand Golf Club.
Can Non-Guests Use the Spa at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar?
The spa is open to the public. To see a menu of available treatments and to book a service, click here.
Is the Fairmont Grand Del Mar available for weddings?
Yes, the Fairmont Grand Del Mar is available for weddings. You can find wedding prices and package details here.
What Is the Phone Number for the Fairmont Grand Del Mar?
The Fairmont Grand Del Mar’s phone number is: (858) 314-2000
How Many Rooms Are at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar?
There are 249 rooms and suites.
You Might Also Like:• Check Into America’s Only Private Island Resort With Us
• SmarterTravel Spotlight: Southernmost Beach Resort
• The 6 Best Ski Hotels in the USA
• The 10 Best Hotels With Jacuzzis in Rooms
• The 10 Best Hotels in Nashville, Tennessee
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+