We updated our Ultimate Guide to Airline Fees this morning with a smattering of adjusted charges. Some fees went up a little, but some came down. Here’s the breakdown of today’s updates:
- AirTran: Raised its fee for overweight bags between 51 and 70 pounds to $49 (formerly $39); raised its bag size allowance to 70 linear inches, now charges $79 for bags measuring 71 linear or more (dropped the $39 fee for bags between 62 and 70 linear inches).
- Delta/Northwest: Raised its first bag fee to $23 online/$25 airport (formerly $15/$20); raised its second bag fee to $32 online/$35 airport (formerly $25/$30); lowered pet-in-cabin fee to $100 (formerly $150).
- Hawaiian: Changed first bag fees to $15 online/$20 airport (formerly $15, airport only); raised second bag fees to $25 online, $30 airport (formerly $20, airport only).
- JetBlue: Lowered overweight bag fees to $50 for bags between 51 and 70 pounds (formerly $75) and to $100 for bags 71 to 99 pounds (formerly $175 for bags 71 to100 pounds).
- Midwest: Raised overweight bag fees to $75 for bags between 51 and 100 pounds (formerly $50 for bags between 51 and 70 pounds, $65 for bags between 71 and 100 pounds); lowered oversized bag fees to $75 for bags measuring between 63 and 110 linear inches (formerly $80 for bags between 63 and 115 linear inches).
- Virgin America: Raised the fee for bags three through 10 to $20 (formerly $15).
As always, you can view the entire smorgasbord of airline fees here. And don’t forget to check out our guide to airline fees for Europe, frequent flyer fees, or domestic carry-on restrictions. And if you see a new fee we haven’t added, don’t be shy—let us know!
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.