For the 19th consecutive year, Bank of America is reprising its popular Museums on Us program for 2017.
The program entitles holders of credit or debit cards issued by Bank of America or Merrill Lynch to free entry to more than 150 museums and other cultural institutions on the first full weekend of every month. “Excludes special exhibitions, ticketed shows and fundraising events.”
The list of participating institutions is impressive. In Southern California, for example, it includes the following:
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Orange County Museum of Art
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Autry Museum of the American West
- Skirball Cultural Center
- Discovery Science Center
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- San Diego Museum of Art
- The Living Desert
- Riverside Art Museum
That just happens to be 12 visit-worthy institutions, which handily works out to one visit per month over the next 12 months.
The first Museums on Us weekend in 2017 will be January 7th and 8th. To stay abreast of upcoming eligible weekends for the rest of the year, sign up on the Bank of America website to receive text or email reminders.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Americans Would Rather Work Than Travel
- Alaska Air, Delta to Cut Ties. Who’s the Biggest Loser?
- 3 Ways to Earn Bonus Miles for Year-End Shopping
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.