What’s next in hotels? We are.
That’s the pitch Hilton Worldwide is making to prospective owners of the company’s thirteenth and newest brand, Tru.
Tru will compete in the midscale market, with per-night rates in the $90 – $100 range. While Hilton claims “the brand will appeal to a broad range of travelers who span generations,” the following marketing slugs from the Tru website make it clear that the brand’s overall look and feel is designed to appeal to millennial travelers’ sense of style:
- Not the same old, same old
- A design-forward aesthetic and layout create “wow” moments and lasting impressions
- Engineered for all-around value
- Capture millions of cross-generational guests
- With our cost-conscious, cool-conscious model, guests have a new hotel option
By American standards, Tru rooms will be on the small side, at either 231 or 275 square feet. And while 55-inch flat-screen TVs will be standard, the rooms will not have desks.
WiFi will be free, natch.
The hotels’ common areas come in for special focus, with separate lobby areas designated for lounging, working, eating, and playing.
Free self-service breakfast will be offered during the morning hours, and free coffee and tea will be available throughout the day.
Hilton already has 102 hotels signed, with an additional 30 in the pipeline. The first Tru is set to open by the end of this year.
Reader Reality Check
Wait… No desks?
More from SmarterTravel:
- Marriott Puts Some Mega Back in Its MegaBonus Promotion
- The Worst Hotel-Program Expiration Policy, Fixed
- Stay at 2 Carlson Brands to Earn 5,000 Bonus Points
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.