With the current crop of liquid restrictions, you might think there’d be no way to get the flavors of Thanksgiving into a carry-on bag. (Why you would want to is another question entirely.)
If you’re willing to break with tradition here and there, it’s possible to build a full Thanksgiving dinner out of items not prohibited by the TSA’s ban on liquids. Here’s the menu:
- Turkey: By itself, turkey doesn’t violate any liquid restrictions, but let’s face it: Traveling with a big raw bird isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Instead, opt for light and easy and pack turkey jerky.
- Gravy: Gravy powder might make your grandmother spin in her grave, but when it comes to a carry-on Thanksgiving, it’s the only way to go.
- Mashed Potatoes: Mash potatoes and then suck out all the moisture and what do you have? Travel-friendly dehydrated potato flakes, ready for reanimation at your destination.
- Stuffing: Stuffing mix is not only an old favorite on many holiday tables, it’s also light and easy to travel with. The bags of dried bread and spices can act as padding in your bag too, protecting more fragile items.
- Cranberry Sauce: The saucier aspects of cranberry make it a TSA Don’t. But dried cranberries will breeze through security, and are a perfect snack if you get hungry en route.
- Dessert: There are plenty of options here, but I’m recommending Lara Bar for its holiday pie suite of energy bar flavors, including Cherry Pie, Apple Pie, and Pecan Pie. Everyone will be asking for seconds.
Know more items that are perfect for the holiday table and can be carried on? Share them below!
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Globus Tours to Greece, Ireland, France...
Avoya Travelvacation $499+
The Caribbean: Luxe, All-Inclusive Sandals Resorts...
Avoya Travelhotel $489+
Azamara Cruises Around the World w/Free...
Avoya Travelcruise $629+