Want elite status with JetBlue?
Normally, TrueBlue members must log 15,000 base flight points, or complete 30 flight segments and earn at least 12,000 base flight points, in a calendar year to qualify for Mosaic, JetBlue’s awkward name for its elite status.
Once earned, Mosaic-level members enjoy the following perks:
- Free second checked bag for everyone flying on the member’s reservation (first bag is already free)
- Expedited security clearance at 36 airports for everyone flying on the member’s reservation
- Priority boarding for everyone flying on the member’s reservation
- Ability to redeem TrueBlue points for Even More Space seats
- Access to a dedicated 24/7 customer service line
- Three bonus points per dollar spent for a total of nine points per dollar when booking on jetblue.com
Fast Track to Mosaic
Through the end of this year, TrueBlue members can participate in a “challenge” to earn Mosaic status after accruing 3,750 base points within three months. Base points are earned at the rate of three per $1 spent on JetBlue tickets, so the goal is to spend $1,250.
Status earned by December 31, 2013, will remain in effect through 2014.
To participate in the challenge, TrueBlue members must currently have elite status with either Alaska, American, Delta, Southwest, United, or US Airways. They’ll be asked to email proof of their status to JetBlue before being approved to enter the challenge.
A Challenge Worth Taking Up?
If you’re a JetBlue loyalist, the Mosaic perks, however modest, will undoubtedly enhance your travel experience. And a fast track to those perks always trumps a slow track.
But compared to other airlines’ elite programs, Mosaic is among the very least rewarding.
Some challenges are best ignored.
Reader Reality Check
Is JetBlue’s Mosaic worth pursuing?
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.
You Might Also Like:
- Flyers: TSA Is a Drag on the Travel Experience
- United Introduces Opaque Hotel Awards
United’s New Coach Seat Fails the ‘Friendly’ Test
(Photo: JetBlue Aircraft via Christopher Parypa/Shutterstock.com)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Peru: 6-Night Lima & Cusco Tour,...
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Ecuador: 4-Night Quito & Galapagos Cruise...