Standing up to change clothes, or sitting up and reading–not always things you can do comfortably in most tents. Kelty’s Sequoia 4 Tent is a game-changer in camping comfort, with an extra-tall design that allows adults up to 6 feet tall to stand upright without hitting the ceiling. The front unzips into an oversized door, so you don’t have to crawl inside to get in.
Mesh walls and ceilings allow for fresh air without bugs, and the tent comes with a rain/privacy cover for when you need it.
Kelty Sequoia 4 Tent Review:
Price and Where to Buy the Kelty Sequoia 4: The Sequoia 4 is currently on sale at REI for $244.73.
How the Kelty Sequoia 4 Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. If you’ve ever used a tiny tent before, you know how annoying it can be to move around inside one. The Sequoia 4 makes camping so much more comfortable, offering room for standing, space for four people to sleep, and plenty of space for your stuff. This tent can be assembled easily, using a single-handed set-up that pops up quickly.
- Value: 9/10. The price point is a great deal for a tent of this size, especially since the Sequoia is packed with cool features like tons of internal pockets to help you stay organized.
- Portability: 9/10. As with most four-person tents, this one is designed for car camping instead of backpacking. However for a tent of its size, the Sequoia 4 is surprisingly portable. It packs down into a small, easy to carry package (26 x 8 x 8 in), yet easily pops up into a size that will comfortably sleep four adults (88 x 98 x 78 in).
- Durability: 10/10. The tent has steel poles, taped floor seams, and sturdy mesh walls that will last through many camping trips.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The tent comes in two colors (blue and green) and looks great when assembled.
Final Verdict: Want to be comfortable in your tent and have a place to hang out in case it rains? The Sequoia 4 is the roomy answer to your needs.
More from SmarterTravel:
- SmarterTravel Shopping Guide
- 12 Stylish Jeans So Comfortable You Can Sleep in Them
- 11 Travel Clothes That Feel Like Pajamas (But Look First Class)
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter to see what she wears around the world.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Globus Tours to Greece, Ireland, France...
Avoya Travelvacation $499+
The Caribbean: Luxe, All-Inclusive Sandals Resorts...
Avoya Travelhotel $489+
Azamara Cruises Around the World w/Free...
Avoya Travelcruise $629+