The Manta Sleep’s unique design uses a combination of hollow eye covers and a foam eyemask to create the ultimate sleep mask, one that blocks out 100 percent of light and doesn’t restrict eye movement.
Manta Sleep Mask Review:
How The Manta Sleep Mask Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Unlike regular sleep masks that let in light around the nose and sides, the Manta Sleep Mask blocks out 100 percent of the light, giving you total darkness even if you’re trying to sleep in a brightly lit airport or sunny room.
- Portability: 8/10. The molded, soft foam, hollow eye covers make the mask slightly less portable than a standard mask, but it’s still lightweight and folds down for easy packing in the included carrying case.
- Comfort: 10/10. This mask doesn’t put any pressure on your nose or eyes, so your eyes can naturally move in REM sleep. The velour-lined strap is lined all the way around, so that the Velcro won’t catch on your hair or cause any pain.
- Durability: 9/10. The mask is machine-washable, so you can feel good about putting it on your face, even after you wear it on a plane.
Final Verdict: The Manta Sleep Mask is like having your own blackout curtains wherever you go.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 9 Travel Gadgets to Help You Sleep Away from Home
- Sleeping on Planes: 13 Tips for Travelers
- Natural Sleep Aids to Try When You Want to Avoid Medications
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.