Being crammed into a cramped coach seat is bad enough, but your fellow flyers can make things so much worse with their bad behavior. If you’ve ever been stuck next to a loud talker or behind someone who has reclined all the way into your lap, you know what we’re referring to.
A new survey conducted by Only Wanderlust has ranked the most annoying things people do while flying. Here are the activities you should spare your fellow flyers from while on a plane.
The Most Annoying Airline Passenger Behaviors
- Seat kicking
- Bad body odor
- Talking loudly
- Leaning or pulling on seats
- Acting intoxicated
- Crying babies or children
- Reclining seats
- Wearing strong fragrances
- Not wearing a mask over nose and mouth
- Taking off shoes/socks
- Standing and blocking the aisle as soon as the plane lands
- Bringing on smelly food
- Getting up frequently
- Incessant chatting
- Hogging the armrest
- Putting feet up on/between seats
- Applauding when the plane lands
- Using bring screens during night flights
Surprisingly, despite seat reclining ranking as the seventh most annoying thing you can do on a plane, 65 percent of people surveyed by Only Wanderlust believe that they have the right to recline their seat on a flight.
You Might Also Like:• The 7 Most Controversial Travel Opinions
• Tipping: The Ultimate Guide to Tipping for Travelers
• Should You Recline Your Seat on an Airplane?
• Airplane Etiquette Violations: 7 Ways to Make Enemies on a Plane
• 7 Reasons You Smell Bad When Traveling
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.