What better way to spend your summer than with your favorite beach read? And we want to know what you’re reading! We’ve teamed up with Random House to launch a special photo contest, one with great prizes for nine finalists and one grand-prize winner.
To enter, simply post a photo with or of your favorite beach or summer book and tag #smartertravelreads in the caption (so we can find your pic) and follow @SmarterTravel and @RandomHouse on Instagram (where you can enjoy more beach pics and scope out the competition). A few quick notes:
- Please make sure the title of your book is readable in the photo.
- Photos will be judged by creativity of scene, quality of image, and book recommendation.
On July 7, we’ll choose our 10 favorites and pick a winner. In addition to prizes, each winner will be featured in our readers’ choice gallery, to be published in mid-July.
Each of our nine finalists will get a $25 gift card to Amazon. And one grand prize winner, as picked by the editors at SmarterTravel, will get a book bundle (15 books total) from Random House (prize value: $348).
We’re looking forward to seeing your recommendations and pics. Post just once per username/email on Instagram between Thursday, June 22, and Friday, July 7. Then check back to see if you’ve won (sign up for our newsletter below or follow us on Facebook or Twitter to be the first to know when winners are announced) between July 10 and 21.
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
See below for full contest rules and regulations:
- Eligibility: Eligibility to participate in the Contest or to win prizes is limited to individual persons at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per individual. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Registrations or submissions generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate in or win the Contest. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the promotion are also not eligible. The Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final. The Contest is void where prohibited and shall be restricted by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations that may apply. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by SmarterTravel Media LLC, located at 226 Causeway St, Boston, MA 02114. (“Sponsor”).
- Entry Period: The Contest begins at 11:00am Eastern Time on Thursday, June 22, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm Eastern Time on Friday, July 07, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: Via Instagram. To enter via Instagram, Entrants must do the following: Upload a photo of your favorite summer read on Instagram, make sure you’re following @smartertravel and @randomhouse on Instagram (so that we can contact you if you win), then hashtag your favorite summer read with #smartertravelreads on Instagram (via app or at www.instagram.com/smartertravel). There’s no limit on the number of photos you can hashtag to enter. Any content that is deemed fraudulent or violates the Official Rules will be removed, and the member will be disqualified. Any entry received outside of the Entry Period will not be counted. By entering, you (a) Consent to receiving email correspondence from Sponsor their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents and (b) indicate your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules.
- Judging Criteria:
- The title of the book must be legible
- No graphic language or imagery
- Photos will be judged by creativity of scene, quality of image, and book recommendation
- Photos will be voted on internally by SmarterTravel editors
- Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within five (5) days of notification. For U.S. residents a potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release, and a W-9 form. Prize recipients of more than $600 must provide Sponsor with their social security number or applicable tax identification number in accordance with IRS regulations to enable the Sponsor to issue a Form 1099-Misc. For foreign individuals, a potential winner will be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release, and W-8BEN form. If a potential winner fails to complete, sign and return these documents within five (5) business days, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
One (1) winner will receive:
- Secrets in Summer by Nancy Thayer (hardcover, $27)
- First Comes Love by Emily Giffin (paperback, $17)
- My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella (paperback, $17)
- The Girls by Emma Cline (paperback, $17)
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly (paperback, $17)
- The Duchess by Danielle Steel (hardcover, $29)
- Dangerous Minds by Janet Evanovich (hardcover, $28)
- If Not for You by Debbie Macomber (hardcover, $27)
- Miller’s Valley by Anna Quindlen (paperback, $17)
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate (hardcover, $26)
- Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown (hardcover, $27)
- The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond (hardcover, $27)
- The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney (hardcover, $27)
- Lockdown by Laurie R. King (hardcover, $28)
- The House at the Edge of Night by Catherine Banner (paperback, $17)
Nine (9) runner-ups will receive:
- Each runner-up will receive a $25 Amazon gift card
The winning prize has an approximate retail value of $348.00. A Winner will be determined on or about Friday, July 14, 2017. Winner is responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) award the prizes according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period if it does not receive a sufficient number of Entries (as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) by the date set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest (including the voting process); (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Boston, MA. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Massachusetts.
- Contact and Results: To request more information send self-addressed stamped envelope to Cara Sweeney c/o SmarterTravel 226 Causeway St., Boston, MA 02114. Request must be made by 6/29/2017.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Shop and Save with Country Inns...
Patricia MagañaHotel & Lodging Deals
$229 -- Chicago: Discounted Rates and...
Francesca MieleHotel & Lodging Deals $229+