Osprey Talia Backpack for Women Review
Price and Where to Buy: The Osprey Talia Backpack is $150 on Osprey.com, $120 on Amazon, and from $112 on REI.com.
How the Osprey Talia Backpack Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. There’s a lot to love about the Osprey Talia women’s backpack, but the thing that stands out most is its kickstand, which allows it to remain upright when you put it on the ground. I didn’t realize just how much of a game changer this would be until I took it on a two-week trip to Vietnam and Cambodia and used it as my day pack. It freed me from needing to find something to lean the pack on when I took it off, and it kept the pack clean. It has just the right number of organizational pockets, including a few hidden zippered pockets for items like passports and extra cash. It fit easily underneath the airplane seat, and was both big enough to be my carry-on and compact enough to be a comfortable day bag once I arrived at my destination. I also spent less time than usual digging around in pockets for lost items thanks to the durable netted pockets. The only thing I didn’t love completely about it was that the structure of the bag meant I couldn’t just easily slide it off one shoulder and move it around to my front to quickly grab an item; instead I needed to take it off to properly access the bag. But the comfortable fit (with padded straps and good venting to prevent the dreaded sweaty back) and kickstand action was a good trade-off.
- Value: 9/10. While on the expensive side of backpacks, the Osprey Talia is so durable, thoughtfully designed, and high performing that it can meet the needs of both day-to-day use and travel.
- Durability: 10/10. After a long, difficult road test, the pack still looks new. And all the seams, zippers, and fabric detailing is pristine.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. I received an unusual number of compliments on the Osprey Talia Backpack. I think part of it is that Osprey people find other Osprey people and praise their gear, but even people who weren’t familiar with the brand commented on the sleek-but-outdoorsy styling and ultra-adaptable features.
Final Verdict: Traveling with the Osprey Talia Backpack feels like hitting the road with your ultra-organized-but-cool-about-it friend; it brings easy organization to chaotic moments and feels comfortable and ready for anything.
More from SmarterTravel:
- How to Pack a Backpack: 5 Essential Tips
- 7 Modern Travel Backpacks That Will Update the Way You Travel
- Reversible Clothing and Accessories for Travel: 17 Items to Double Your Wardrobe
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us to test free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Peru: 6-Night Lima & Cusco Tour,...
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Ecuador: 4-Night Quito & Galapagos Cruise...