Packing for a relaxing beach getaway needn’t be stressful. We’ve gathered up 10 of our favorite products that you should schlep to your nearest seaside location, stat.
- That’s the Last Straw Bag Want the look of a straw bag but with a little more durability? We recommend Kate Spade’s clever printed carrier. Made of durable unbleached canvas with a zip-top closure, this beach-friendly bag will stylishly keep your belongings free of sand. ($248, currently on sale for $148 at KateSpade.com)
- Ray-Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses Drugstore sunnies may come cheap, but they often lack adequate UV protection. Treat your eyes right with a pair of Ray-Ban retro-chic Clubmasters with 100% UVA and UVB protection. Upgrade to polarized lenses, which block light reflecting on water and reduce eye-straining glare. ($155, Ray-Ban.com)
- Aveeno Hydrosport Sunblock Spray SPF 30 A good sunblock is hard to find, but we think Aveeno’s waterproof spray hits the mark. Dermatologist recommended and decidedly non-greasy, Hydrosport is our pick for active beachgoers and lethargic sunbathers alike. ($9.99, Ulta.com)
- J. Crew Summer Straw Hat You’re history, ratty baseball cap. This elegant striped straw hat protects your face and hair from the scorching summer sun. Its crown flattens for quick packing, and the flexible paper straw material folds well in carry-on bags. ($39.50, JCrew.com)
- Kwik Tek Dry Pak Cell Phone Case Protect your smartphone from sun and surf with this waterproof case. Simply loop the lanyard around your neck to wear your phone into the waves. Your phone’s touchscreen will even work through the resilient plastic, just in case you need to make an important business call. ($14.32, Amazon.com)
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Don’t forget your kisser this summer. Defend your lips with Jack Black’s unisex-friendly and cruelty-free lip balms, which offer broad-spectrum sun protection as well as emollient antioxidants. We like the beachy mango-and-mandarin flavor and the fact that these are unisex! ($7.50, JackBlack.com)
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini This globe-trotting novel from the author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns arrived on May 21, just in time for your summer getaway. Follow Hosseini’s well-sketched characters to Kabul, Paris, San Francisco, and the Greek Isles—all from the comfort of your beach blanket. (Available in hardcover and Kindle, Amazon.com)
- Fujifilm Quick Snap Waterproof 35mm Single Use Camera Capture life under the sea (net-free) with this disposable point-and-shoot. It works up to 35 feet underwater, making it the economical choice for your summer snorkeling excursion. ($9.08, Amazon.com)
- Lands’ End Beach Blanket No more will you spend your breezy beach days battling with your blanket. This cheery absorbent cotton blanket from Lands’ End comes with four corner stakes to keep it still, plus it folds into a clever pocket for easy portability. ($64, LandsEnd.com)
- Klean Kanteen Vacuum Insulated Steel Bottle We love Klean Kanteen’s line of vacuum-sealed, stainless steel bottles. Each bottle keeps beverages chilly for up to 24 hours, while the eco-friendly BPA- and lead-free materials are, unlike our suntans, super sustainable. ($27.95 for 16 oz. bottle, KleanKanteen.com)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+