What Is It: CupCase Your Bras, a protective travel case for your delicates.
Price and Where to Buy: $19.95 to $24.95 at CupCase.com.
Pros: I didn’t initially see much value in the CupCase, but I’m glad I took another look. The case is marketed as a way to protect your bras while traveling. I don’t think that’s a critical need for most women, but this nearly indestructable case will come in handy for anyone who needs to transport mastectomy undergarments, including prosthetic bras and bikini tops; breast prostheses; or even bedazzled lingerie that can snag other garments or lose their gemstones when left loose in a suitcase.
Heck, the CupCase will protect just about anything you don’t want crushed (but keep in mind it’s the size of a healthy D-cup brassiere). Need a place to store those obligatory tchotckies for your friends back home? Protect ’em in the CupCase! A vacation’s worth of jewelry? Bling it! A large muffin or frosted cupcake? Yup (and yum)!
Cons: I do just fine stuffing my undergarments in with the rest of a bag’s contents, and I can’t afford to add even a few more ounces to an already overstuffed carry-on. Anyone who leaves their most extravagantly blinged-out lingerie at home will do just fine without a protective case for their travel undergarments.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 5/10 – The CupCase is a helpful container for certain niche audiences, but not necessary for most others.
- Portability: 8/10 – Small enough to toss in a carry-on, yet big enough to carry a vacation’s worth of jewelry.
- Value: 5/10 – This receptacle could be a great travel companion for some people.
- Durability: 9/10 – Constructed out of molded PVC, it will keep your delicates safe.
- Cool Factor: 6/10 – The CupCase is chic enough to pass as a colorful minaudiere evening bag.
Final Verdict: The merits of the CupCase bra holder depend on your needs and circumstances. This could either be the must-have travel receptacle or just another catch-all that takes up space in your bag.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.