What is it
This GoPro accessory from GoPole allows you to add a new dimension to your time-lapse videos by slowly rotating your camera up to 360Â° over the course of an hour to create a panning effect.
Price and Where to Buy It:
It is currently available for $34.99 on Amazon.
- Specifically made for GoPros, so you won’t need to fumble with any adaptors
- Tripod connection on bottom
- Doubles as a timer and is easy to set how long you want to shoot your time-lapse for
- Doesn’t require any batteries
- Very light when not attached to a tripod, strong wind moves it out of position
- Cannot be set for longer than an hour
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10 You don’t need this product to make a time-lapse with your GoPro, but it makes the final video much more interesting and helps you keep track of how much time has passed.
- Value: 7/10 It’s on the more expensive side for what it is, but there are no other products on the market like it that are manufactured specifically for GoPro. However, there are plenty of DIY hacks to make your own out of an Ikea egg timer.
- Portability: 9/10 It won’t take up a lot of room in your camera bag and could even fit in your pocket, but you would risk breaking the timing mechanism.
- Cool Factor: 10/10 Adding the panning effect to your time-lapse videos makes them 360 times more impressive.
Final Verdict: The Scenelapse is a great accessory to make your time-lapse videos more dynamic and all you have to do is set the timer, sit back, and make sure to stay out of its way. Since it doesn’t take up a lot of room, it’s worth bringing on every trip as long as you aren’t too rough with it. Check out the time-lapse we made when testing out this product:
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.