What Is it: The Magellan’s Good Night Sleep Mask.
Price and Where to Buy: $14.50 on Magellan’s website.
- The sleep mask is molded so that it doesn’t touch your eyelids, which allows your eyes to move during the REM stage of the sleep cycle.
- Lightweight (weighs just 1 oz.)
- Blocks out light completely.
- Comfortable to wear.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. A comfortable sleep mask that actually blocks light is a must for every traveler who wants to sleep on planes, trains, or in a hotel with non-blackout curtains.
- Portability: 10/10. The mask is 9.5 x 3.75 x .25″ and weighs 1 oz.
- Value: 9/10. $14.50 is not bad at all for a sleep mask—you’d pay that much or more for a lesser-quality model in an airport gift shop.
- Durability: 10/10. Directions on this mask say to hand wash and line-dry it, but we put it through the washing machine and dryer and it held up fine.
- Cool Factor: 4/10. Not so cool, unless you’re going for the Batman look in bed.
Final Verdict: It blocks out light, is comfortable, and doesn’t restrict eye movement—what more could you ask for from an eye mask?
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.