What Is it: The SlapLit LED Slap Wrap, a slap bracelet type item with an LED illuminating function to keep you visible in the dark.
- Versatile design can be worn on your upper arm, wrist, ankle, bike handlebars, baby stroller, or pretty much anywhere else you need lighting
- Comes with a battery and the battery is replaceable
- LED light is extremely bright and the red color will make you standout to traffic if using it at night
- LED light can be set to flash or a steady glow with the push of a button
- Nylon fabric exterior is much more comfortable than a plastic slap bracelet
- Fabric also features a reflective pattern for extra safety
- Has a hole at the top, so you can hang the straightened wrap if you want to use it hands-free (maybe as a nightlight in your hotel room)
- Not waterproof, could be vulnerable to sweat or if you get caught in a rainstorm while using it
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. This is perfect for runners, walkers, bikers, or to use as a nightlight in an unfamiliar hotel room. Excellent to pack in case of an emergency.
- Value: 10/10. At just over $10, this is a great deal (you’ll find similar products in running stores for much higher prices.)
- Durability: 6/10. Would be better if this was waterproof.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. You’ll be safer exercising with this, and isn’t that cool?
Final Verdict: Do you like to fit in a night run or bike ride when you travel? Want to be prepared in the event of an emergency? Then spend the $10 and toss this small item in your to-go bag.
(Photo: Nite Ize)
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.