What Is it: Rainrap lightweight, reversible, pashmina-style rain wear.
Price and Where to Buy: $60 from Rainraps.com.
- It folds up tidily into a small bag you can keep in a purse.
- The bag that comes with it protects your other belongings if the rain rap is wet.
- Works well for light rain and mist.
- It drapes like silk and is fashionable.
- It’s not made for protection against heavy rain.
- The button meant to secure the wrap comes undone easily
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. Great as long as you don’t need protection against heavy rain. It’s an ideal weight and size to throw in a tote or suitcase.
- Portability: 10/10. It’s lighter than an umbrella and easier to stow than a rain jacket.
- Value: 7/10. It’s expensive if you compare it to an umbrella, but competitively priced when you compare it to rain coats.
- Durability: 9/10. The wrap is well-made with strong seams. And it doesn’t seem to wrinkle, even when you wedge it into its little carrying case without folding it carefully first.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. Miles cooler than your typical poncho, the Rainrap offers an easy-to-add layer of style for damp days.
Final Verdict: The Rainrap is a find for travelers who want hyper-stowable rain wear. Easier to pack and lighter than a raincoat, it comes in a fun array of reversible colors and can even be worn like a more traditional wrap for a little extra warmth when it’s not raining. While it’s not made for heavy rain, it will protect clothes and hair in conditions ranging from heavy fog to light drizzle.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+