What Is it: The Delsey Helium Ultimate 25 inch Expandable Spinner Trolley suitcase.
Price and Where to Buy: $254.99 at Amazon, eBags, or visit a Delsey store to buy offline.
Pros: There are a number of unique features in the Delsey Ultimate that we haven’t seen in any other bags, including:
- An Over Weight Indicator (patent pending) built in the top handle of the case, which alerts you if your bag is over 50 lbs, simply by lifting it up.
- A bar-free design inside the case, which results in a flat-packing surface to help eliminate wrinkles in packed clothes.
- A telescoping handle ergonomically designed to result in zero weight on your arm when pulling the trolley.
- A checkpoint-friendly computer compartment for your laptop, with separate access on the side of the case and a padded computer sleeve.
Need more space? The bag expands up to 2 inches. There’s also lots of nice details in this luggage, like double spinner wheels (that prevent your bag from tipping over when standing up), an ID tag that protects your privacy, and an included TSA-approved combination lock).
Cons: This bag is heavy, weighing in at 10.8 pounds when empty. The price tag, at over $250, is also heavy.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Never be surprised by overweight baggage fees again, with this handy built in over weight indicator. The bag also offers lots of space if you’re going on a big trip, and the wrinkle-free packing surfaces will be useful for business travelers.
- Portability: 8/10. The Delsey Helium Ultimate loses a few points on portability for being so heavy, but it still gets high marks due to the smooth way it moves, thanks to the double spinner wheels and ergonomically designed handle.
- Value: 6/10. $254 is pricey for a bag, but this one will last you for awhile, so if you are checking bags often, it may be worth it.
- Durability: 10/10. This bag is very well made, and it’s even made with Ballistic Nylon for extra durability.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The built-in over weight indicator is one of the coolest features we’ve seen on luggage in a long time!
Final Verdict: Do you check a bag often, yet find yourself frantically repacking at the baggage counter to avoid overweight fees? Invest in the Helium Ultimate so you’re never surprised by your bag’s weight again. Business travelers who don’t want to arrive with wrinkled shirts, anyone who gets sore arms from poorly designed roller bags, or people who need a lot of luggage room, could all benefit from this bag.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
(Photo Credit: Delsey)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Morocco: 9-Nt Guided Tour, Incl. Casablanca,...
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+