What Is it: Travelbox, a monthly subscription that delivers a box of curated travel products to your door.
Price and Where to Buy: $19.95 a month plus $6 shipping. Sign up on Travelbox’s website.
The products in the Travelbox are worth more than you pay for the subscription. The box that we reviewed contained:
- Trace Me Luggage Tracker, A luggage tag that you register online. Baggage handlers can scan the tag if your bag goes missing and generate an automatic email or text message to you alerting you to the location of your lost item. Retail price: $20.85.
- Luxe City Guide, a pocket travel guide to Rome. Retail price: $9.99.
- Vapur Reflex Anti-Bottle. A foldable, reusable water bottle that we love. Retail price: $7.99.
- Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap, a travel sized (1 oz.) exfoliating face wash. Retail price: $4.00.
- Two Larabar Uber, healthy snack bars made from simple ingredients.
We love getting stuff in the mail, so having a monthly surprise delivery is a fun idea! It’s also a great way to discover new travel products.
- The Travelbox is expensive at almost $26 a month, and you’ll be billed automatically every month. (You can cancel at anytime, however.)
- The subscription isn’t customizable, which means you may get some things you don’t have a use for, such as a travel guide to Rome, when you don’t have any plans to go to Italy.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 7/10. All of the products in the Travelbox are great for frequent flyers or just people on the go—we’ll be using the Larabars, Vapur bottle, and face wash at home and not just on the road.
- Portability: 10/10. Everything in the Travelbox can easily be brought with you on a trip.
- Value: 6/10. In the box that we tested, we saved $20.86 compared to buying everything separately. However, $26 a month is not an insignificant charge to be auto-billed.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Surprises are fun and getting mailed cool products would make every month feel like your birthday.
Final Verdict: If you like trying out lots of new products, the Travelbox is a fun way to explore.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.