QuietOn combines earplugs with active noise canceling to create a new gadget that will block snoring, airplane cabin noises, or hotel hallway sounds. Unlike regular earbuds, these are designed for sleep, so they’re comfortable in a lying-down position.
QuietOn Sleep Earplugs Review:
Price and Where to Buy: At the time of writing, the QuietOn Sleep Earplugs were on sale on QuietOn’s website for $199.
How the QuietOn Sleep Earplugs Rate:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Regular earplugs help mute noise somewhat, but not enough for an uninterrupted night’s sleep. QuietOn’s active noise cancellation significantly blocks environmental sounds (including snoring and construction) to help you sleep. The battery lasts for up to 20 hours, so you can sleep for an alarmingly long time uninterrupted if you so choose. The earplugs have a button that allows you to quickly switch between the silent and hearing modes, which is great for travel—if you need to talk to someone or hear an announcement, just click over to hearing mode to listen and then back to silent to go back to sleep.
- Portability: 9/10. QuietOn Sleep earplugs are small and lightweight, and come with their own tiny carrying case (that’s also the battery charger). The case charges separately, so you can plug it in while you sleep and then wirelessly charge the earplugs in the case while you travel.
- Comfort: 8/10. If you’re used to sleeping with traditional earplugs, these will feel very similar. They are cushioned and allow you to sleep on your side without causing any pain or discomfort as a regular earbud might.
- Style: 10/10. These earplugs look like regular wireless headphones, so you won’t seem out of place wearing them on the plane.
Final Verdict: Losing sleep over noises? Block them out and regain your rest with the QuietOn Sleep Earplugs.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 9 Travel Gadgets to Help You Sleep Away from Home
- Sleeping on Planes: 13 Tips for Travelers
- Natural Sleep Aids to Try When You Want to Avoid Medications
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.