This week, we found two lists of ways to help manage costs on a spring break trip.
Travelzoo takes an equal-opportunity look at ways everyone—from families to drunken college kids and the rest of us—can save 10 to 60 percent on spring break trips. Here are our favorite ideas:
- Fly on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday (average savings: 40 percent)
- Travel to Europe since spring is shoulder season (average savings: 30 percent)
- Travel the week after Easter (average savings: additional 15 percent savings on top of 30 to 50 percent discounts)
- Take a cruise (50 percent savings)
- Book a condo or villa (40 to 60 percent savings)
Livability.com, meanwhile, focuses its top 10 spring break destinations for 2013 on family-friendly spots. The picks are modest, but promise to be places “where families can have a quick, yet enjoyable and memorable spring break vacation without breaking the bank.” Here’s the list:
- Santa Cruz, California
- Tucson, Arizona
- Portland, Oregon
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Boise, Idaho
- Cincinnati, Ohio
Are you planning a spring break vacation? How important is getting a good deal on your trip?
You Might Also Like:
- 10 Best Places to Go In Florida
- Air Trips for Unaccompanied Minors
- 10 Signs You’re Not Compatible with Your Travel Partner
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Southwest Ireland: 7-Night Golf Trip w/Chauffeur,...
Old Sod Toursvacation $7490+
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Cape Town to Rio De Janeiro:...
Regent Seven Seas Cruisescruise $12999+