Want your kids to carry their own stuff when they travel? Give them a Scootie, the carry-on that’s also a scooter. Check out the video below to see it in action.
Scootie Carry-On/Scooter Review
Price and Where to Buy Scootie Carry-On/Scooter: The Scootie is currently available for $75 on Amazon.
How the Scootie Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. Lugging a suitcase through an airport can be a challenge for kids, but riding one is a much easier sell. The Scootie’s ultimate utility will depend on how responsible your kid will be when presented with the awesome power of a scooter suitcase. Will they take off and make you chase them through the terminal? Will they run over unsuspecting passengers walking to their gates? If the answer is probably not, this could be a very handy way to bring both utility and fun to the luggage experience.
- Value: 7/10. The hard-sided suitcase is better built than most kids’ luggage, and the scooter feels structurally sound (as long as you lock it into place before hopping on).
- Portability: 10/10. A scooter suitcase is the ultimate in portability.
- Durability: 8/10. The scooter does better inside than on outdoor terrain, but it manages both. The Scootie is meant for cruising in a straight line, so it doesn’t really turn.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. According to the kids I informally polled, suitcases do not get cooler than this.
Notes: The Scootie is built for loads of up to 110 pounds (combined weight of the suitcase contents and a kid), and is geared to kids 4 through 9.
Final Verdict: I say this as someone who doesn’t want to get mowed down by a Scootie in an airport: This is a great, fun, and envy-worthy suitcase for kids who will ride responsibly.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.