Our sister site, Airfarewatchdog, just published the outcome of a survey completed by some 2,100 of its readers, and the results are pretty interesting:
- 68 percent think there should be a separate section of the plane for passengers traveling with kids.
- Only 51 percent think pets should be allowed to fly in the cabin.
- 62 percent said they wouldn’t bring a bag onboard if they had to pay a fee to do so.
- When asked their biggest fear about dealing with a potential seatmate, the number one answer was “sick or coughing” followed by “overweight.”
- When asked how they’d stop a child seated behind them from kicking the seat, the vast majority said they’d politely ask the offender to stop. Complaining to the flight attendant was the number two answer. (We’re not so sure if speaking directly to a child is the way to go, though).
Some pretty controversial results here, don’t you think? 68 percent of Airfarewatchdog’s respondents saying they’d want to sequester kids to a separate section of the plane? Barely half saying pets should be allowed?
Even the carry-on fee item is controversial. After all, if you’re going to pay a fee whether you check or carry-on, my sense is most people would opt to keep their bags with them and avoid the baggage carousel.
So, readers, what do you think? Do you agree with the survey’s findings? Leave a comment below with your thoughts. Thanks!
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Southwest Ireland: 7-Night Golf Trip w/Chauffeur,...
Old Sod Toursvacation $7490+
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Cape Town to Rio De Janeiro:...
Regent Seven Seas Cruisescruise $12999+