I always fly carry-on only, but I am also a chronic overpacker. It’s a struggle. Thanks to the new Smart Birdy suitcase, I can travel light but still bring a lot of stuff. This rolling suitcase’s round shape allows you to fit in a surprising amount of stuff, plus is packed with hidden, travel-friendly tech features.
The Smart Birdy is 19″ x 16″ x 9″ but can fit up to 50 items. I tested out the suitcase and found that this was true—you really can fit a lot in here, definitely enough for a multi-week trip.
Smart Birdy Suitcase Review:
Price and Where to Buy: I tried out the vegan version of the Smart Birdy Wings Jetsetter Upgrade Luggage Set which retails for $799 on Smart Birdy’s website. The set includes a detachable wristlet clutch, dual-charging battery power bank, USB Double-Head cord, laundry bag, detachable shoulder strap, carrying tote, handle-neck accent scarf, wireless speaker, jewelry case, card keychain, and silk essentials pouch. You can purchase just the suitcase for $599.
How the Smart Birdy Suitcase Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. The Smart Birdy has everything you need in a suitcase. It can charge your phone (the battery is removable to comply with TSA regulations), hold your laptop (there’s an exterior computer sleeve to keep it safe), fit all your stuff, hold your hair straightener (there’s a heat-protected hot tools pocket), and keep your shoes separate (in a dedicated, expandable compartment).
- Portability: 9/10. The telescoping handle can be raised extra tall (to 41.5″), and the 360 spinner wheels make this a breeze to roll through the airport. It also has a bottom support handle which is great for helping you lift the bag into the overhead compartment, and can be carried as a shoulder bag using the detachable strap. When carried with the shoulder strap, you could get away with using the Smart Birdy as your “personal item” on most airlines.
- Durability: 10/10. I love that this suitcase is available in a super-durable, stain and water-resistant vegan leather. The vegan suitcase is protected under a two-year warranty, or if you get the real leather trim version, it’s covered for five years.
- Style: 10/10. The hatbox-style suitcase is really elegant, and I have received more compliments on this suitcase than any other I’ve used.
Final Verdict: Upgrade your carry-on to the roomy, well-designed Smart Birdy.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 10 Best Foldable Travel Bags and Foldable Luggage
- 10 Underseat Carry-On Bags You Can Take on Any Flight
- 9 Best Basic Economy Personal Items to Hold All Your Stuff
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.