You can’t stop Father Time until you’re ready to purchase Thanksgiving holiday flights, but the good news is that you also don’t have to turn back the clock. As you can see from our charts below, a good majority of the routes we’ve been tracking have gone down since last month and are considerably cheaper compared to T-Day rates this time last year.
Holiday Booking Strategies
Here are more tips for nailing down some solid savings for your holiday fare:
- There’s still time for you to not only book, but also benchmark your own route. Don’t skip this crucial step: it’s how you’ll know a fair price when you see it.
- Steer clear of peak travel days including the day before Thanksgiving and the last day of the holiday weekend.
- Be in the know when sales come out: The sale match generally gets lit by one of the low-cost carriers on Tuesday, and by the following morning, competitors have jumped into the fray and created what we call a full-out fare war.
- Be flexible and check fares from nearby airports as well.
- Check out our previous installment on holiday airfare searches.
Have you already purchased your Thanksgiving holiday flights? What was your strategy for figuring what price was fair? If you have yet to nail down a flight, are you holding out for lower rates?
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Peru: 6-Night Lima & Cusco Tour,...
The Caribbean: Luxe, All-Inclusive Sandals Resorts...
Avoya Travelhotel $489+
Ecuador: 4-Night Quito & Galapagos Cruise...