Want to receive stories like this every day? Subscribe to our free Deal Alert newsletter!
Want to visit the Old Country this summer? So do millions of other Americans. Though we’ve seen fares inch up since last week, the good news is that 71 percent of the tracked routes have dropped in price since this time last year.
By investing a little time to track fares, you’re more likely to nail down the best bargain possible. Just like last year, we’re benchmarking popular European routes weekly in order to pin down the best possible time to pounce on an affordable airfare.
Get some help with the above airport codes here.
- Flip through our Hidden Europe: 10 Secret Treasures photo gallery for inspiring off-the-beaten-path locales. Skip tourist lines in well-known cities and instead head to the more obscure Gozo, Levoca, Sopot, and Varena, among other secret destinations.
- Find an airline-by-airline breakdown of additional charges in our SmarterTravel Ultimate Guide to Airline Fees Europe Edition.
- Read advice from our savvy columnists: the Deal Detective helps students vacation in Europe on a shoestring budget. Travel expert Ed Perkins shows readers how to stretch their dollars while in Europe.
- Check out SmarterTravel’s Europe travel guides for general tips such as when to go.
- Research travel alerts before taking off by going to the U.S. State Department’s website.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.