Price and Where to Buy: Tilley’s Women’s Quadra Top is $100 on Tilley.com
How the Quadra Top Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. Designed for hiking, urban biking, and travel, this cap-sleeve, button-up short sleeve shirt moves easily between athletic activities and sophisticated urban adventures. It’s particularly useful for travelers who want to pack lightly since it looks just as at home on the trail or in a museum, and has a built-in secret pocket (so well-hidden, in fact, that it took me a while to find it the first time). Add a skirt and this shirt is nice enough for evenings out as well. Note that sizes seem to run slightly large.
- Value: 8/10. At $100, the Quadra Top needs to offer more than the typical button-up shirt—and it does. As a multi-purpose top, it could be one of just a handful of shirts to get you through a trip that includes both city visits and outdoor activities.
- Durability: 9/10. The mostly cotton fabric has just enough stretch to be comfortable for all-day wear. While you can’t toss it in the dryer (machine wash on delicate or by hand and then dry flat), it dries quickly—a real bonus for hotel-room laundry.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. Wearing this garnered compliments on the flattering fit and subtle print. And it’s got a hidden pocket.
Final Verdict: The Tilley Quadra Top can be an essential item for light-packing travelers in search of a shirt that adapts well to all sorts of travel circumstances.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Pickpocket-Proof Clothing for Your Next Trip
- Reversible Clothing and Accessories for Travel: 17 Items to Double Your Wardrobe
- Ridiculously Comfortable Travel Clothes That Don’t Sacrifice Style
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Globus Tours to Greece, Ireland, France...
Avoya Travelvacation $499+
The Caribbean: Luxe, All-Inclusive Sandals Resorts...
Avoya Travelhotel $489+
Azamara Cruises Around the World w/Free...
Avoya Travelcruise $629+