Travelon is well known in the travel world as a maker of attractive and practical anti-theft bags. I already own a small Travelon crossbody bag, which is just the right size for a phone, a point-and-shoot camera, and a few credit cards—but when I recently upgraded to an entry-level DSLR camera, I realized I’d need a larger purse. That’s when I decided to try the Travelon Anti-Theft Parkview Hobo Crossbody, which measures 13 x 11 x 3 inches and has all the security features I appreciated in my smaller bag.
I tested the Parkview Hobo Crossbody over a long weekend trip; here’s how it performed.
Travelon Anti-Theft Parkview Hobo Crossbody Review:
Price and Where to Buy: $89 on the Travelon website.
How the Travelon Anti-Theft Parkview Hobo Crossbody Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. This bag was big enough to hold everything I needed without being so voluminous that I couldn’t easily find what I was looking for. I was able to fit a small DSLR camera, phone, wallet, water bottle, and sunglasses’ case without a problem. The bag has four zippered pockets—two on the outside and two on the inside—including one with RFID-blocking technology. It also has two internal sleeves for small items such as eyeglasses or a cell phone. The built-in strap is sized to go over the shoulder, but there’s an optional crossbody strap as well. (One quibble: I wish there were a way to detach the shoulder strap when you’re not using it.) Anti-theft features include slash-resistant straps and body panels, as well as locking features for all exterior zippers.
- Value: 9/10. This bag is reasonably priced for its quality and features.
- Durability: 10/10. The Parkview Hobo Crossbody feels sturdy and well made.
- Portability: 10/10. Of course, a bag is portable by definition, and this one will fold away flat if you need to store it or pack it.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. The bag is sleek and attractive, and the theft-resistant features are particularly cool.
Final Verdict: This bag holds everything you need in a well-organized way and has clever anti-theft features to boot.
More from SmarterTravel:
Follow Sarah Schlichter on Twitter @TravelEditor for more travel tips and inspiration.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Southwest Ireland: 7-Night Golf Trip w/Chauffeur,...
Old Sod Toursvacation $7490+
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Cape Town to Rio De Janeiro:...
Regent Seven Seas Cruisescruise $12999+