For basic economy flyers, frequent business travelers, or weekend vacationers who don’t want to be forced to gate-check your bag, this is the suitcase for you. With all the features you love in a typical spinner—organizational pockets, gliding wheels, retracting handles—this bag has it all, and in a compact size.
Editor’s Note: Always check with your airline’s personal item size restrictions. For reference the Travelon Revolution Underseat Carry-on Spinner is: Size: 17″ x 14.75″ x 9″.
How the Travelon Revolution Underseat Carry-on Spinner Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. It fits a surprising amount (enough for a cold-weather weekend in Chicago) and still qualifies as a personal item. There are lots of organizational pockets, a laptop sleeve, and even anti-theft features like locking zippers and an RFID-blocking liner.
- Value: 8/10. This is on the more expensive side for an underseat bag, but really, it’s more like a typical carry-on spinner. But, if you travel frequently, anything that saves you the hassle of waiting at the baggage carousel is valuable.
- Durability: 9/10. In testing on Delta and JetBlue flights, the carry-on bag experienced some wear and tear, although I did overpack it slightly and have to push it to fit under the seat.
- Portability: 10/10. It’s lightweight and the wheels glide well. The bag doesn’t take up much room in the cabin or a car.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. There’s nothing particularly outstanding style-wise about this bag, but the sleek black look is neutral enough to suit most.
Final Verdict: If you want to avoid having to gate-check your carry-on, but not sacrifice the usefulness of a spinner, this is the bag for you.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 7 Ultra-Useful Carry-on Bags
- 10 In-Flight Essentials You Should Never Travel Without
- 11 Travel Tools You Won’t Regret Splurging On
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.