Over the past few years, Amazon Prime Day has earned its ranking next to Black Friday and Cyber Monday as a top day for deals. On July 12th and 13th, the e-commerce giant is holding its annual Prime Day sale, designed to attract people to sign up for Amazon Prime membership.
In case you’re unaware, here’s what Prime Members get for free year-round:
- Two-day shipping
- Same-day shipping (in eligible zip codes)
- Unlimited movie and TV streaming
- Unlimited, ad-free music streaming and offline access to playlists
- Unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos
- Access to Prime Gaming
- Early access to flash sales
- Free monthly book download with Prime Reading
- Discounted on Audible membership
- Ability to purchase subscriptions to premium cable networks like STARZ and Showtime
- Prime Now deliveries (free two-hour delivery or scheduled delivery on select items)
- Free grocery delivery through Amazon Fresh (over a certain order threshold)
- In-store discounts at Whole Foods
Amazon will be having prime-member exclusive sales leading up to July 12th, as well as big sales on the day. So is it worth it to sign up now? Well, if you’re not already a Prime Member, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial now to get all of the deals. Travelers can start shopping now for deals on everything from SmartTVs from just $89.99 to 30% off of virtual experiences, like a virtual rickshaw ride through Tokyo or a wildlife ranch in Costa Rica, with promo code FREEFUN.
As a prime subscriber and frequent traveler, I think that a Prime membership is worth it for travelers. I love being able to order a last-minute item right before a trip and having it arrive in time. And the offline access of movies/shows/music/books really sets Amazon Prime apart from most other media subscriptions.
You Might Also Like:• 6 Travel Items You Should Never Cheap Out On
• 5 Ways You’re Sabotaging Your Sleep While Traveling
• Warm and Actually Stylish Travel Clothes for Winter
• How to Become a More Organized Traveler
• The Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel Deals
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.